A.A. Importing Company, Inc. was founded in 1934 by A.A. Gralnick in the Gas Light Square area in St. Louis, MO. It began as a distributor for kerosene lamp parts and accessories. Prior to and after World War II, A.A. Importing was heavily involved in the importation of fine crystal and art glass, as well as fine porcelain from Europe. The company became famous for its fine selection of art glass and accessories for the antique trader as well as replacement parts. That was the beginning of building a strong foundation for A.A. Importing in the antique reproduction business.
By the mid seventies, with a broad basis of porcelain, glassware, iron, brass and ceramics, A.A. Importing was the leading company in the world in the field of antique reproductions. Starting in 1974 the company took its extensive knowledge of antique and popular styles and adapted it to the manufacturing of small furniture items. The items that were first brought to the market included Bentwood hat racks, corner 'what-nots', marble top plant stands and round oak tables these were just some of the first's that A.A. Importing had produced.
As the nation developed an even greater interest in decorating with an antique theme, A.A. Importing was again at the forefront. Today their sources of antique reproductions have expanded world wide.
A.A. Importing services a wide spectrum of diverse customers. The mediums of products we work in include wood, iron, porcelain, bronze, crystal as well as glassware and stained glass items.
In addition to their standard products A.A. Importing custom designs and produces exclusive designs for their customers; mass merchants and retail and discount stores.